Monday 5 February 2018

PSC MODEL QUESTION-47


 Hobson's choice "
Meaning:πŸ‘‡
1. A choice forced upon someone. ( *No choice* )
2. Cockney rhyming slang for voice.
Example:πŸ‘‡
1. There was only one room left in the hotel when we arrived, so we got Hobson's choice.
2. I've had a sore throat for a couple of days - now I'm beginning to lose my Hobson's
 Kick the bucket "
Meaning:πŸ‘‡
Die.
Example:πŸ‘‡
Grandad kicked the bucket last week. No real surprise - he was 96.
 Baker's dozen "
Meaning:πŸ‘‡
Thirteen.1⃣
Example:πŸ‘‡
There's got to be at least twelve in each box. Better just pack a baker's dozen to be sure.
Beat around the bush "
Meaning:πŸ‘‡
Avoiding the main topic.
Example:πŸ‘‡
If you want Jill to go out with her, don't beat around the bush - ask her.
Buy a lemon "
Meaning:πŸ‘‡
Waste money by purchasing a car that is frequently faulty.
Example:πŸ‘‡
I thought that my new VW was top of the range but it's never out of the repair garage - a real lemon.

No comments: